Life Enrichment Coordinator
Life Enrichment Coordinator
Brookdale Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Brookdale Senior Living, the nation's largest senior living provider, is seeking a Life Enrichment Coordinator for our community
located in Troy, MI!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Brookdale Senior Living is the industry's leading provider of a full spectrum of senior living accommodations and care services
throughout the United States. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day in each of our more than 640 communities.
At Brookdale, we believe that good people who take ownership and pride in their work each day are the keys to our success. Our associates deliver our company's signature services in a wide range of environments with an emphasis on quality, care and value. We are always looking for good people to join our team. That's our story...your story continues here
Immediate Opening : Life Enrichment Coordinator
Related Job Titles : Activities Coordinator
Job Number : 47693
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Clare Bridge and Wynwoodof Troy - 4900 Northfield Parkway and 4850 Northfield Parkway Troy, MI 48098
Contact: Melody Stepanenko and Karlene Grifka
[click on "Apply Online" button] [click on "Apply Online" button] Job Summary
Plans, implements, and monitors recreation programs to meet the specific needs of each and all residents. Ensures residents' lives are maintained to the fullest extent possible by providing activities and contacts with the community.
1. Designs a creative and exciting life enrichment program to meet the individual needs and interests of the community. Plans monthly life enrichment calendar for each community; includes providing one-to-one programming for communities who can not participate in a group setting.
2. Participates in the review of individual communities' service plans and regularly documents life enrichment progress. Participates in discharge planning with other members of the management team.
3. Coordinates the transportation of residents to and from events
outside of the community, which may include driving a community motor vehicle.
4. Monitors life enrichment budget, equipment, and supplies.
5. Provides guidance and acts as a resource to staff on the importance of life enrichment and other areas regarding the quality of life for residents.
6. Ensures that Life Enrichment Programs meet all state, federal, and local regulations.
7. Coordinates quarterly special events at the community. Develops and maintains contact with community agencies and organizations.
8. Trains, supervises, and coordinates volunteers
We seek the following qualifications:
* One year experience with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias in a residential setting is required.
* Strong creativity, time management, and organizational skills.
* Flexible schedule is a must.
* Previous experience in coordinating life enrichment/activities in a healthcare setting required.
* Valid Drivers License required for vehicle travel as needed.
* Commercial driver license (CDL) required.
This job has originated from a member site of TheJobNetwork - TheJobNetwork. Category: Social Services -and-amp; Non-Profit, Keywords: Activity Coordinator